Work at the Garden
Department: Facility Use
Job Status: Part-Time
The Event Staff is a hands-on position and often involves working as part of a team. The candidate must be able to respond quickly to change, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event. The candidate must be able to be professional in every situation ensuring that BGO guests have a satisfied experience.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Assist in executing special events such as weddings, birthday parties, corporate events & fundraisers
- Enforce BGO rental policies with client, caterer, guests and vendors
- Oversee the dismantling and removal of the event and clear the venue efficiently.
- Secure building and grounds after event has ended
- Co-coordinate with client and Special Event Staff before even and on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly
- Be a good representative of the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
Education, Training, and Traits:
- High School diploma or GED
- Possess a strong commitment to customer service
- Highest ethics as they relate to all aspects of business
- Previous wedding and/or event experience preferred (may be volunteer)
- On the job training will be provided
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills are required as this person will be working directly with clients and outside vendors
- Ability to work independently, with initiative, and as a team player
- Strong ability to work under pressure and with time constraints
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
The physical demands and work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Physical demands: In the work environment described below, the position requires verbal and written conversation with others, sitting standing, walking, bending, climbing, reaching, and strenuous lifting/moving objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Work will be performed in an office environment, and in an inside and outdoor venue. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The position demands a flexible work schedule that will include evenings, and weekends.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as determined by the Director of Special Events and Assistant Director of Special Events to meet the demands of Garden.
Please send resumes to Kristen Hoover at firstname.lastname@example.org.